Welcome

Welcome to our Blog. I am new at this blogging stuff, so please bear with me. I hope it is easy for you to follow. I put some links about our favorite doctor on the side bar. Also, the oldest posts are at the bottom or on the previous page, so start there and work your way up. Thanks for visiting.

Mwright2006@cox.net

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Two Months Old

Today the stem cells are two months old. So what's new? Nothing that we can tell. We are still optimistic that there will be change but. . .

We have been exploring other options. I have been seriously looking at diet, and supplements. It is looking more like a change in diet is necessary to eliminate the problematic foods that mimic myelin. It's more than I can write about, and I am not sure I understand it all yet, but am working on it. Janice is extremely good about eating a healthy diet. Unfortunately the diet that is needed (or so it seems) for MS, eliminates a lot of good foods. It is basically gluten, dairy and legume free. Janice is not so sure at this point that this is going to be possible and I will support her 100% in her decision.

I found a website, a MS Charity that was founded by a research scientist, Ashtom Embry Ph.d. His son was diagnosed with MS in 1995 and at that time, he decided to research the likely factors which cause MS.

This charity is different from other MS charities, he says -"Our charity is not about coping with the diagnosis of MS – it’s about defying it, slowing or halting its progression, and preventing it in the first place." -That's what I'm talking about!

The link for this charity site Direct MS is: -http://www.direct-ms.org/index.html

Janice had the MRV done Wednesday. We will find out the results on our next follow up appointment in April.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment